- Definition of plagiarism and why it's considered a serious academic offense,
- Standards in this course for determining intentional and unintentional plagiarism,
- The penalties in this course for either intentional or unintentional plagiarism,
- Difference between a direct and indirect quote and what is required to keep each from being plagiarism,
- Specific information on exactly when quotation marks or indentations are required in referencing a source.
Essays are due no later than Tuesday, October 12, 2010. Please see me before then if you hit any snags or need any assistance in writing your essay.
Note: This post was updated on September 28, 2010, to reflect requirements for the current term.