- Definition of plagiarism and why it's considered a serious academic offense,
- Standards in this course for determining sloppy and flagrant plagiarism,
- The penalties in this course for either sloppy or flagrant plagiarism,
- Difference between a direct and indirect quote and what is required to keep each from being plagiarism,
- Specific information on exactly when quotation marks or indentations are required in referencing a source.
Friday, October 4, 2013
Instructions for plagiarism essay
If you scored less than 80 on the plagiarism quiz, you're required to write a 300- to 500-word essay demonstrating that you understand what plagiarism is and how to avoid it. Your essay must include the following information: