- Studying persuasive writing is a waste of time, and it should not be a required course for graduation at MSCC.
- Persuasive writing is the most valuable course a Motlow State student can take (Don't assume I prefer you choose this one. While this one is closer to my view, reading an essay on #1 would be much more fun).
- The so-called Tea Party movement is the most significant grassroots movement in American politics this century.
- The so-called Tea Party movement is dangerous and un-American.
- Religion is a highly personal matter, and discussing religion in public is inappropriate.
- Humans are religious beings, and efforts to cleanse religion from public life are not only futile, but dangerous.
- Fluency in Lithuanian should be a graduation requirement for all students at Motlow State (Yes, this one is goofy, but if you're creative it could also be fun).
I'll go over the mechanics of the paper on Tuesday, but for those of you who are interested, here's a little early guidance:
- 500 words
- Typed, double-spaced
- 12-point standard font (Times New-Roman, Arial, or other sans-serif font)
- No cover page