Choose one of the following topics for a 5- to 6-page research paper, due November 18, 2010.
- U.S. citizens should prepare now, becuase the current U.S. economic crisis is serious, deep, and will not improve for many years.
- The U.S. economy is strong, and the country should recover quickly from the current recession.
- The cost of a college education is rising faster than the value of a degree, and a traditional four-year college education is no longer worth the cost.
- Although the cost of a college education has risen dramatically over the past three decades, it is still well worth the heavy costs of earning a college degree.
- Colleges should act now to correct the growing gender imbalance on college campuses nationwide.
- Recent cuts to the NASA budget are a bad idea that will have seriously detrimental effects not only on America, but on the future of space exploration.
- Recent cuts to the NASA budget, although an apparent setback, will in fact help to usher in a golden age of private space exploration.
- The tea-party movement is truly a grassroots effort to restore constitutional principles and empower the average American.
- The so-called tea party movement is a dangerous and destructive movement of racism, hate, and intolerance.