For each item create a quote or paraphrase and Works Cited entry in MLA format.
1. Source: http://www.ideasinactiontv.com/tcs_daily/2006/05/the-parent-trap.html
Quote: There's also the decline in parental prestige over generations. My mother reports that when she was a newlywed (she was married in 1959) you weren't seen as fully a member of the adult world until you had kids.
2. Source: http://reason.com/archives/2006/04/03/one-man-many-wives-big-problem
Quote: Here is something else to consider: As far as I've been able to determine, no polygamous society has ever been a true liberal democracy, in anything like the modern sense. As societies move away from hierarchy and toward equal opportunity, they leave polygamy behind. They monogamize as they modernize. That may be a coincidence, but it seems more likely to be a logical outgrowth of the arithmetic of polygamy.
3. Source: http://www.enlightenedredneck.com/2009/01/19/time-to-stop-the-redneck-slurs/
Paraphrase: Yes, that’s right, “redneck” is a slur. Some folks in the 21st century, including myself, embrace it as a symbolic term of endearment for the hard-working everyman.
4. Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8651333.stm
Paraphrase: Experts believe the blow-out preventer (BOP) must have partially triggered otherwise the flow of oil to the surface would be more extreme than it is.
5. Source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704269204575270950789108846.html
Quote: And now we have a videotape metaphor for all the public's fears: that clip we see every day, on every news show, of the well gushing black oil into the Gulf of Mexico and toward our shore. You actually don't get deadlier as a metaphor for the moment than that, the monster that lives deep beneath the sea.
6. Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/03/AR2009090302859_pf.html
Quote: Obama's reaction to that resistance made things worse. Obama fancies himself tribune of the people, spokesman for the grass roots, harbinger of a new kind of politics from below that would upset the established lobbyist special-interest order of Washington. Yet faced with protests from a real grass-roots movement, his party and his supporters called it a mob -- misinformed, misled, irrational, angry, unhinged, bordering on racist. All this while the administration was cutting backroom deals with every manner of special interest -- from drug companies to auto unions to doctors -- in which favors worth billions were quietly and opaquely exchanged.
7. Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1508150/A-new-golden-age-of-space-exploration.html
Quote: The New Horizons probe was due to be launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, last night but strong winds led to its postponement for a day.
8. Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/07/11/gulf.oil.disaster/index.html?fbid=y4V2FWpNvxl
Paraphrase: The old cap had been diverting about 15,000 barrels a day (630,000 gallons) to a ship. BP still is recovering an additional 8,000 to 9,000 barrels a day (336,000 to 378,000 gallons) through a line connected to another vessel, the Q4000.
9. Source: http://www.dep.state.fl.us/deepwaterhorizon/files/sit_reports/0710/situation_report77_071410.pdf
Quote: Estimated release rate of oil from Deepwater Horizon at 35,000 to 60,000 barrels per day.
10. Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/14/diverging-revised-policy-obama-links-radical-islam-terror-groups/?test=latestnews
Paraphrase: In a rare divergence from administration policy, President Obama used the term "radical Islam" to describe the African-based terror group that took credit Monday for killing 74 people in Uganda during an interview Tuesday with the South African Broadcasting Corporation.
11. Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/15/business/economy/15econ.html?src=mv
Paraphrase: White House economists praised the government’s $787 billion stimulus program as a success on Wednesday, saying it had saved or created 2.5 million to 3.6 million jobs since it was signed a year ago.
12. Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE66D1DX20100714
Quote: Obama is increasingly turning to former President Clinton to help win over voters and the business community.
13. Source: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/130746
Quote: Obama reportedly expressed support for the 2002 Saudi Initiative upon winning the presidential election in November of 2008.
14. Source: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2010/04/another-obama-bow-flap/1
Paraphrase: Sure enough, Fox News, the Drudge Report, and conservative bloggers have focused on another example of President Obama bowing to another foreign leader, in this case Chinese President Hu Jintao.
15. Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32712017/
Quote: Jones, who specialized in environmentally friendly "green jobs" with the White House Council on Environmental Quality, was linked to efforts suggesting a government role in the Sept. 11 attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans.
16. Source: http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/health-care
Paraphrase: Health reform will make health care more affordable, make health insurers more accountable, expand health coverage to all Americans, and make the health system sustainable, stabilizing family budgets, the Federal budget, and the economy